Its totally absurd that after 24+ hours, my gmail account which I’ve had for at least 11 years is still locked. What’s even worse is that you must sit and wait until??? There are no “helpful” links on this page, nor any resolution options available; You’re simply at their whim.
After racking my brain last night about why this may have occurred, I figure it had to be the ebooks that I mailed to my KindleFire HD; there were several. Is usage of my account any reason to lock it for so many hours? I’m really freaking livid right now.. getting more pissed off by the hour.
Update: Regained access after 30+ hours of waiting and sending 2 reports from my phone. Lets work on that customer service Google; you could learn something from Apple in this area.
Interesting… So I guess Skype on Windows now utilizes Flash? Who knew…
This was on my screen when I got home tonight:
Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds. at fl.video::VideoPlayer/setSize() at fl.video::FLVPlayback() at com.skype.video.videoPlayer.players::FLVPlayer() at com.skype.video.videoPlayer::VideoPlayer/initPlayer() at com.skype.video.videoPlayer::VideoPlayer/init() at com.skype.video::Main/onServiceReady() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent() at com.skype.video::PlayerL10N/onReady() at MethodInfo-666()
After dismissing, I got this:
Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds. at com.skype.video::PlayerL10N/getPropertyFromXML() at com.skype.locale::L10N$/getFromHtml() at com.skype.locale::L10N$/localiseTextfield() at player_fla::TooltipRight_66/frame1()
Head over to the Infrared5 blog for details!
I just noticed a cool feature in Gmail, you can “nest” labels now!! Yay!
I also want to tell you all that I have post up on my company’s blog for clustered chat http://bit.ly/qFfkYp
The game my company has been working on for months is finally approved in the AppStore! Get your copy now! Click here
If you are using a desktop like I am and you dont “hibernate” your system, then you may want to turn this feature off. I have 12 Gb of RAM so this saves ~9 Gb on my C: drive. Heres how you save the space:
1. Click on Windows 7 Start Button 2. Go to All Programs-> Accessories 3. Now right on Command Prompt and select â€œRun as Administratorâ€ from context menu. 4. Type "powercfg -h off" without the quotes
Thats all and hopefully it helps someone else out there…
We are now worm-safe, for now. Thanks Influxis!
I had to post this.. so I apologize in advance
Image found on b3ta
I haven’t heard anyone say this about Google Chrome, so maybe I’m the first. On a whim I decided to check Acid3 on Firefox 3 and it scored 71/100; then I decided to try Chrome since it rocks, and it scored 79/100. I’m really surprised that it failed, but it is still beta right?
If you’d like to try for yourself go here
I recently had the worst time trying to get JTA transactions to play nice in Hibernate configured via Spring. There is a lot of information out there on bits-n-pieces of the individual technologies but nothing seemed to show the whole picture, so I would like to provide the community with a working example. The code is not “perfect” but it demonstrates how to get this stuff working in harmony. A junit test, mssql scripts, and all the configs are included. I also set this up to use a composite key, since the project I worked on used a great deal of them and info was not easy to come by.
One of the libraries I used called BTM was instrumental in getting this to work (thanks Ludovic!), you will find this a lot easier to use than JOTM. There is a huge gotcha when using XA transactions with MSSQL, you have to install a dll and run some scripts to get it enabled and that info may be found here. I’m not sure if you have to do anything special in MySQL but I doubt it
The example comes as a zipped Eclipse project available here.